Blackjack Surrender Review
Blackjack Surrender is a card game developed by BGAMING (SoftSwiss) and a variation of Blackjack with a nifty opportunity to minimize losses early in the game, protecting yourself from further unfavorable odds. The main peculiarity of the game is ability to abandon your hand against certain dealer combinations.
The benefit lies in receiving half of your initial bet back instead of losing it. If you use the surrender option in a smart way, you can cut possible losses considerably, although being too cautious is not always the wisest decision.
In Blackjack Surrender, player’s goal is to have a hand with points value closer to 21 points than the Dealer’s without exceeding 21 or by the Dealer’s hand going over 21 (“bust”).
8 decks are used, 52 cards each. Cards are shuffled after each round.
The value of a hand is the sum of points of each card in the hand. Card values are as follows:
- The cards from 2 through 10 have their numerical values shown on the card.
- Jack, Queen, and King, also called “face cards” are all valued at 10.
- An Ace can be counted as either 1 or 11. An Ace always has the value that makes the best hand. Suppose you have (Ace, 7). The value of this hand can be either 8 or 18. If you stop here, it will be 18. But let’s assume you’ve drawn one more card. The hand contains (Ace, 7, 8). Its total value is 16.
- The suite of the card does not have any influence in the game.
- Blackjack is an initial two-card equal to 21, with the combination consisting of an ace and a ten-value card.
How To Bet
|Select bet size||Click on the selected value chip at the bottom of the table|
|Place your bet||Click on betting field to place chip of selected value there|
|Increase your bet||Every click on the betting field adds one chip of the selected value to existing bet|
|Remove your bet||Choose the X-chip option and CLICK on the betting field|
|Play again||Click NEW GAME after the game is completed to place bets differently|
|Repeat your bet||Click REBET to place the same amount and value of bets as in the previous round|
|Total bet||To see the total bet you are going to play with check the right bottom corner of the table|
|Balance||To see the current player balance check the left bottom corner of the table|
Min/Max table displays minimum and maximum amount that can be placed on each betting field.
Player can bet on one hand, placing chips on central betting box. After placing bets, click DEAL to start dealing cards. Both the Player and the Dealer are dealt two cards. Player has his cards dealt face up, the Dealer – one card face down, the other one – face up. In case of multiple hands, each hand will be played separately against the Dealer.
Check for Blackjack
In case the Dealer’s face-up card is 10, King, Queen, Jack or Ace, the Dealer checks for Blackjack:
- If the Dealer has Blackjack, her face-down card is turned over and Your hand is compared to the dealer’s.
- If the Dealer doesn’t have а Blackjack, then your hand is treated and the game proceeds as usual.
You then have one of the following options during the game:
- Surrender – Click SURRENDER if you are dissatisfied with the first 2 cards dealt to you and choose not to continue the game. You can surrender only once the Dealer has checked for Blackjack. If the Dealer has a Blackjack, the game is over. If you surrender, you receive half of your initial bet and the game is over.
- Hit – Click HIT button to draw an additional card. You can draw as many cards as you need. If the total reaches 21, dealing automatically stops. If your hand busts (its total exceeds 21), you hand loses.
- Stand – Click STAND to stop drawing cards. Once STAND is clicked you either move to play the next hand or if it is the last hand then the Dealer’s starts playing his hand.
- Double – Click DOUBLE to double the original bet and get 1 more card to your hand. No more cards can be drawn for this hand.
- Split – If the first 2 cards are of the same value (e.g. 2 Aces, 2 Sevens, or 2 cards with a value of 10 like 10, Jack, Queen or King), you can split them into two separate hands by clicking SPLIT. This will place an extra bet equal to your original bet. You can then proceed with drawing cards for the first split hand. You can only split your hand once.
Note: When splitting a pair of Aces, you are only allowed to draw one additional card for each Ace. If you draw a ten-valued card on one of the split Aces, your hand is not considered to be a Blackjack, it will be treated as a normal 21.
The Dealer starts playing her hand once all the player’s hands are completed. The Dealer stands on 17.
After a player stands (stops drawing cards) and once the Dealer completes her hand, the Player’s and the Dealer’s hands are compared. The winning hand is the one closest in value to 21. If a hand is a Blackjack, it will beat any other hand including a regular 21. If the hand total is greater than 21, the hand busts.
A regular winning hand pays out 1 to 1. For example, If you bet $10 and beat the dealer, your $10 will be returned and you will win $10, $20 in total.
Blackjack pays out 3 to 2. For example, if you bet $10 and your hand is a Blackjack, your $10 will be returned and you will win $15, $25 in total.
If you’ve decided to surrender, half your initial bet is returned. For example if you’ve bet $10 and then decide to surrender, you are returned $5.
In case of the hands tie, your original bet is returned.
|Winning Hand||1 to 1|
|Blackjack||3 to 2|
|Surrendered bet||1/2 of initial bet|
The aspects of Blackjack Surrender slot are excellent. The graphics are polished, and the animations are fluid. In general, the feeling of the game is one of the best we have found. There is also a quick game option, for players who do not like to waste their time.
If you feel that Blackjack Surrender is the game for you, and you have tried the free version here, then you can start playing for real money at one of our recommended online casinos.
|1||Read Review||100% BONUS UP TO $/€ 300 + 100 FREE SPINS||Use Link||Visit|
|2||Read Review||100% UP TO €500 + 200 FREE SPINS||Use Link||Visit|
|3||Read Review||100% BONUS UP TO $/€ 500 + 200 FREE SPINS||Use Link||Visit|